Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anna Sui and Hammer pants?

Vogue's summer patterns just came out, and it's quite an interesting bunch. I'd say it's the most unique and original grouping, even if it leaves me a little confused...

The good?
I love these Anna Sui dresses...I think they're above my skill level right now but I think they're so wonderfully feminine, and I'm in love with all things ruffly right now.






I also love this dress in the maxi version. I'm a dress person in my head, in reality I don't wear them as often as I could. I will continue to collect dress patterns none-the-less...



And now the bad...
I'm sorry...is it really necessary to have two different patterns for big unflattering MC Hammer pants? I know the harem pants were 'in', but these aren't even those!

I hope somebody proves me wrong and just rocks them, but until then I will doubt these and the person who thought it wise to put out two different (but equally ridiculous) versions of them.






This one? Seriously- why buy a pattern, sew up the back of your Snuggie and call it a day ;)



I'm hoping to finish my only unfinished (sewing) project, it's a dress that was intended to be a possibility for my rehearsal dinner, now- possibly an Easter dress if:
A. I finish it in time
B. It's not too dressy for the occasion

We'll see!

No comments: